The WeChat Mini Game Developer Conference was held in San Francisco on November 12, during which WeChat extended a formal invitation to developers across the world to propel the expanding Mini Games ecosystem.
WeChat hoped to help attendees understand the current state, unique capabilities, and developer support of Mini Games.
- WeChat announced that it now has over 1 billion monthly active users, with WeChat Mini Games now at over 310 million users.
- WeChat’s Mini Games ecosystem now has over 200 APIs which leverage the social capabilities of the WeChat platform.
- Popular Mini Games which have integrated the new APIs saw 7-day user retention rate grow to 45%.
- WeChat provides ways to attract users through social media sharing, advertisements, and redirects from Mini Apps to Mini Games.
- WeChat helps provide ways for traffic monetization through in-game item purchases and advertising.
Two popular Mini Games were showcased at the conference, including Tencent Billiards, a casual sports game which currently maintains about 5 million daily active users, over 10 million RMB in daily transactions from in-game item purchases and advertising, and a 30-day user retention rate of 40%.
Visit the WeChat Mini Game developer site for more information: https://developers.weixin.qq.com/minigame/en/introduction/index.html