Paradox has announced a sequel to the classic medieval grand strategy game Crusader Kings.
Crusader Kings III is the sequel to the classic Paradox Studio game about medieval conquest, intrigue, religion and high drama.
Crusader Kings III is a firm step in the direction of a new generation of grand strategy games, with new 3D character models and an even more detailed map. Designed to enhance the experience of Paradox veterans while being more welcoming to young players, Crusader Kings III is a rich setting for an infinite number of new stories.
Crusader Kings III is the ultimate grand strategy role-playing experience:
- Shape Your Dynasty: Guide unique characters through history, choosing lifestyles best suited to their personalities and your ambitions.
- Rewrite Medieval History: Dynasties will change and adapt to changes in family and politics, and religious beliefs are more firmly under your control.
- Build a Mighty Kingdom: Use your vassals’ fear of you as a weapon or call on familial obligations to persuade reluctant relatives to submit.
- Experience High Drama: Stranger than fiction stories leap off the screen, as characters plot against you and events push you to extremes.
- Learn as You Go: Guided advice to help newcomers navigate a rich medieval world. In-game suggestions tip you off to paths you might not have considered.
- The Usual Crusader Kings Fun: Keep a stubborn council in line, scheme against your overbearing uncle or marry the rich duchy…oops, I mean pious duke or duchess of your dreams.
Additionally, Paradox Studios announced that the base game of Crusader Kings II will now be free on all platforms where it can be purchased. CK2 players can also join The Monarch’s Journey, a series of custom challenges for the game that will unlock in-game rewards upon completion.
Paradox will announce further details about the features of Crusader Kings III in the next few months. Crusader Kings III is slated to arrive in 2020, available for PC via Steam and included in Xbox Game Pass for PC.