OfferUp, the mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers, has announced that it has more than 2,000 paying dealers participating in its auto sales program, a fivefold increase from 12 months ago.
It is estimated that nearly 10 percent of used car sales in the U.S. last year took place on OfferUp’s marketplace, resulting in billions of dollars in auto sales. Millions of listings from private sellers across the nation attract buyers looking for pre-owned vehicles.
In response to consumer interest and growth, OfferUp created the Verified Auto Dealers program to provide digital tools that make it easier for dealers to buy and sell cars locally. More than 30 percent of cars sold on OfferUp sell within two days, and more than 50 percent sell within a week.
OfferUp’s Verified Auto Dealers program gives dealers access to a suite of digital tools to broaden their exposure and manage leads coming from OfferUp’s marketplace, including the ability to:
- Automatically list their vehicles by connecting to their inventory feed
- Show a vehicle’s Carfax report
- Enable instant communication with car buyers via chat and Click-to-Call
- Access the Top Lead Indicator that provides visibility on leads that demonstrate high intent to purchase given their shopping behavior
- Increase their visibility through advanced advertising solutions
- Take advantage of custom solutions for Buy Here Pay Here dealers
Earlier this year, OfferUp announced new partnerships with inventory management vendors such as Hammer Corp, AutoSweet, TapClassified and DealerFront to allow dealers already taking advantage of these partner services to seamlessly list their inventory on OfferUp’s marketplace.
Since 2011, OfferUp has paved the way for a simpler, more trusted way to buy and sell locally. OfferUp Autos was launched in 2018 to reduce the friction in the car buying and selling process by making it easier for customers to browse local inventory, and for sellers to post their listing for free.
For more information on OfferUp Autos or to sign up for the Verified Auto Dealers Program, visit offerup.com/autos