Kate Spade New York has announced the launch of its newest touchscreen smartwatch, the Sport Smartwatch, powered with Wear OS by Google and the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 platform. The Sport Smartwatch comes in three colorways—black and lilac, pink and red, and evergreen and black.
New design elements include silicone straps with eye-catching plunge detailing – a nod to the plunge seen in the shape of a spade – along with a glass fiber reinforced resin color-pop case, a lightweight aluminum topring with scallop edging, and a signature pink enamel pusher. This pusher activates the “choose your look” micro app, which allows users to select a dial customized according to her outfit.
The Sport Smartwatch uses Google Fit to track activities throughout the day. While in “workout mode,” Google Fit can continuously track heart rate, making it easy to see if your heart rate is in your ideal range. Google Fit also makes it simple to change and track steps and activity goals, and notifies users on goal progress and completion.
Other functionality includes:
- Heart Rate Tracking: Track your workouts and see your heart rate across multiple types of workouts using Google Fit or third-party apps—also press the spade at the 12 o’clock hour to check your heart rate at any time.
- Untethered GPS: Leave your phone at home when going for a walk, hike, ride, or run with built-in GPS that records the distance right on your smartwatch.
- Proactive Help from the Google Assistant: Get things done on the go with help from the Google Assistant on your wrist.
- Music: Keep the dance party going anywhere at any time, connect and control Spotify from your wrist.
- Google Pay: Make purchases via your NFC-enabled smartwatch using Google Pay
- Weather: Rain or shine. In real-time. Weather updates as you need them.
- Training Apps: For when you’re ready to sweat. Easily sync your workouts to compatible training apps.
- Swim Proof: Water-resistant up to 3ATM. Shower or swim. Use third-party apps to track pool workouts.
The Kate Spade Sport Smartwatch is now available in-store and online at katespade.com and retails for $275.