TechCrunch has announced the 12 contestants competing at Startup Battlefield, taking place at this year’s highly anticipated TechCrunch Disrupt Berlin. An additional Wild Card contestant will also be announced later today. This will be selected by audience vote and TechCrunch editorial staff from the Startup Alley.
Startup Battlefield brings the world’s top early stage startups together on one stage to compete for the coveted Disrupt Cup, a US$50,000 prize, and the attention of media and investors. Previous winners of the Startup Battlefield competition include market leaders such as Yammer, Dropbox and Mint, as well as mobile search startup Vurb – who Snapchat acquired for over $100 million. In Europe specifically over the last five years of TechCrunch Disrupt; Lock8, Crate.IO, Jukedeck , Seenit and last year’s winners were Lia Diagnostics.
Taking place at Arena Berlin, TechCrunch Disrupt will bring together around 2,500 of the industry’s most high-profile thought-leaders, entrepreneurs, innovators and VC’s, as they discuss the industry’s most current topics. Central to TechCrunch Disrupt, Startup Battlefield launches the most exciting rising startups from around the world to a global audience as they present their products to TechCrunch and and some of Europe’s top VCs.
Startup Battlefield is central to TechCrunch Disrupt and we’re very excited to share the list of finalists for this year’s Berlin conference. Amongst the tech titans we have on stage talking about their companies, we love hearing from these up and coming startups that could one day go on to be the next biggest global tech company.Ned Desmond, COO of TechCrunch
Since 2007, 778 Battlefield startups have raised a collective $8.5 billion in funding after launching on stage, with a total of 105 exits. In the past year, TechCrunch has held Startup Battlefield across the globe in cities including Sao Paulo, Beirut, Sydney and Nairobi.
The list of Startup Battlefield Berlin participants for 2018 includes:
- Imago AI Technologies Private Limited
- Spike Diabetes Assistant
- SPIN Analytics Inc.
- V2X Network
Plus a Wild Card: Wild Card companies are selected by audience vote and TechCrunch editorial staff from the Startup Alley. Download the Disrupt App to cast your vote.
The list of 2018 Startup Battlefield judges includes:
- Alexia Bonatsos (Dream Machine)
- Andreas Weiskam (Sapphire Ventures)
- Antoine Nussbaum (Felix Capital)
- Bindi Karia (BindiVentures)
- Christian Meerman (Cherry Ventures)
- Ida Tin (Clue)
- Kim-Mai Cutler (Initialized Capital)
- Luciana Lixandru (Accel Partners)
- Matt Turck (FirstMark Capital)
- Matus Maar (Talis Capital)
- Nenad Marovac (DN Capital)
- Niko Bonatsos (General Catalyst)
- Saul Klein (LocalGlobe)
- Simon Levene (Mosaic Ventures)
- Sitar Teli (Connect Ventures)
- Sofie Quidenus-Wahlforss (omni:us)
- Sonali De Rycker (Accel Partners)
- Sophia Bendz (Atomico)
- Stephane Gantchev (LAUNCHub Ventures)
- Zefi Hennessey Holland (Entrepreneur First)
Find out more information about TechCrunch Disrupt Berlin here.