The report found:
- Mobile Dominates Worldwide: Consumers downloaded 194 billion apps in 2018, spent $101 billion in app stores, and averaged three hours per day in mobile. Time spent in-app grew 50% from 2016 to 2018; downloads up 35% over the same period.
- Monetization Impact: Mobile consumed 62% of global digital ad spend in 2018, up from 50% in 2017. 60% more apps will monetize through in-app advertising in 2019.
- Video Is King: In 2019, 10 minutes of every hour spent consuming media will be streaming video on mobile.
- Mobile Is Non-Negotiable for Gen Z: Members of Generation Z (ages 16 to 24) spend 20% more time in apps than the rest of the population.
- Mobile Gaming Goes Global: Mobile games grew faster than
console, PC and online and handheld games in 2018 and is expected to reach 60% market share in gamespend across all platforms in 2019.
The mobile report provides data and analysis across a wide range of verticals, helping businesses of all sizes better understand the dynamic and diverse markets mobile serves